Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Leyland Force 7 and its German doppelganger from Audi

Last weekend I went to the EPIC Swapmeet (which was an EPIC fail...), and I snapped a foter of this early 70's Audi coupe in 1:18, by a company I had never heard of called 'Anson Collectibles'. It struck me instantly as 'Force 7ish'... Coincidentally, I received on the following Monday a 1:43 Trax Select Leyland Force 7 coupe, in resin. I plan a detailed article on this model, but thought i'd post this now so you could all see just how similar the Audi and Leyland designs are. I like to think the Force 7 is a little more modern...
Anson Collectibles 1:18 diecast 1974 Audi 100 Coupe
Trax 'Select' 1:43 resin 1974 Leyland Force 7 

Its pretty amazing that both companies had cars that looked so similar, in the same year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment